Playlist for the Week Before Spring Break
This week marks the last five days before that glorious pocket of time known as spring break for my school district. Here are some tunes (along with YouTube links) to get you through the week:
- "Reveille" made popular by the Armed Forces. Just a reminder to be up and at 'em.
- "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. I'm not a big fan of the Bee Gees unless it's the Fallon/Timberlake sketch on SNL, but this song is so apropos.
- "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry. And the best part is you can totally change this to fit your students' names. Not that I've heard, "ROBIN! BE GOOD!" more than a few times. ;)
- "Let It Go" from Frozen. Confession: this chorus is sung daily in my room. It's a reminder that it's okay to not lose your mind over little things. Unless some one "cuts" you in line. Then it's World War 3. And the linked version by Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and Idina Menzel is precious. And you can watch it with your class.
- "Survivor" by Destiny's Child.
- "Wide Open Spaces" by the Dixie Chicks. Because after attending school since August with only 1 snow day, we pretty much each want our own zip code.
- "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce. The beat alone is enough to get you going.
- "For Once in My Life" by Stevie Wonder. Science has proven it's impossible to be in a bad mood and hear this song.
- "I'll Be There". When your boss asks if you plan on coming in the Friday before the break, just send 'em this song.
- "No" by Meghan Trainor. Because you know it's gonna be every other word you say this week.
- "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. For when someone dares ask you why. (And don't hate on the Backstreet Boys. You know they're awesome.)
- "Lord, I Hope This Day is Good" by Don Williams. Not one wasted syllable. Not. One.
- "Ready to Run" by the Dixie Chicks. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining it.
- "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton. Sing this internally when that one kid is by your side. Again.
- "The Waiting" by Tom Petty. Are there truer words than "the waiting is the hardest part"? Enough said.
The ultimate hype song for back to school/last week/bad day:
- "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. The first two lines sum up so much, don't they?
And since my name is Robin, this song will be my personal anthem come Friday at 3.
Hope you have a great week! And don't let the fun end-if I've left out a song we need to hear this week, let me know it the comments!
Post a Comment